Historical Photo of the Week: Peace Portal Drive in early 20th century
A view north on Peace Portal Drive across Martin Street in 1915. On the northeast corner, the three-story Hotel Blaine at 758 Peace Portal, built in the 1890s, was run by Mr. and Mrs. T. E. Davis. The hotel burned down in 1939. The Ivan-L Theatre, showing silent films at the time, is on the right at 816 Peace Portal Drive.