Police Report -- July 27, 2006

Published on Thu, Jul 27, 2006
Read More Police


July 24: Officers provided back up to a lone border patrol agent who contacted a person late at night leaving the state park. The person was a local juvenile who officers determined was intoxicated. Officers transported the juvenile home and turned him over to his parents. The 17-year-old boy had snuck out of the house, and it was unknown where or from whom he obtained the alcohol.

July 24: A Blaine resident called to report a loud and low flying aircraft over a residential neighborhood. The aircraft was reportedly flying back and forth over land and water in the area which caused the resident to be woken up. The incident was document.

July 24: Officers responded to a report of a man brandishing a knife to another in the alley behind a duplex. An area search was conducted, and the suspect and victim were located. Officers learned there had been a fistfight between the pair, and it quickly escalated into one of the involved parties pulling a knife on the other. Several witnesses provided different accounts of the incident making it difficult for officers to determine exactly what had occurred. The case will be forwarded to the prosecutor for review of charges of Assault 2nd Degree.

July 23: A resident reported receiving several harassing and threatening telephone calls from an out of state ex-boyfriend of his daughter’s. On one particular call, the suspect threatened the complainant with great bodily harm. The calls were via cell phone, and there was no indication that the suspect would travel to Blaine to carry out the threat.

July 22: Officers received an anonymous complaint of loud music coming from what the caller believed was a neighboring condominium. Officers arrived and discovered the music was actually coming from across the water (and across the border) in White Rock. Officers cleared without further incident.

July 20: A citizen reported receiving a letter in the mail that implied he had won a foreign lottery. The letter was part of a scam which requires “the winner” to send a large amount of money to the company in a foreign country in order to receive the winnings. As the letter came through the mail the intended victim was referred to the postal inspector.

July 20: A construction crew unearthed two bones while working on a project in the 200 block of Marine Drive. Proper protocols were followed in the protection of the bones and site. Work on the site was temporarily halted until an archaeologist determined the two bones to be of an elk. The bones were returned to the site and work resumed.

July 20: The petitioner in a protection order called 911 to report the respondent in the order had violated it when she walked towards his mobile estate while on the way to the shared laundry building. An officer determined the respondent had not violated any provisions of the order, and that no crime had been committed.

July 20: A man called 911 to report his estranged spouse was at his residence in the 1600 block of Peace Portal Drive harassing him. The woman left prior to the arrival of officers, who searched the trailer park but were unable to contact the woman.