Police Report -- November 03, 2005

Published on Thu, Nov 3, 2005
Read More Police


October 31: The school district notified police of five students who were truant. Four of the five showed up at school while officers were checking the area, and the fifth remained at large but parents were searching for him.

October 31: Officer was on routine patrol on Adelia Street when he located a disabled van on a property under construction. It appeared the van attempted to take a short cut through the property from another street and became stuck. Officer attempted unsuccessfully to locate the owner of the van and contacted the property owner.

October 30: Officers responded to a report of a person throwing eggs into a hotel’s swimming pool area in the 9500 block of Semiahmoo Parkway. The license plate information of a suspect vehicle was used by officers to contact the parents of the offending youth. Appropriate action was taken by the parents.

October 29: A business employee in the 300 block of Martin Street reported the theft of a tip mug from a sales counter. A suspect description was provided. The area was patrolled but the suspects were not located. The amount of theft was approx $10, not including the cost of the mug.

October 29: A woman walking on a residential street in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue reported she was accosted by an intoxicated man who left the area. Officers were not able to locate the subject in the area.

October 29: Two teenage girls were arrested for domestic violence assault and being minors in possession of alcohol after they came home intoxicated and assaulted their mother in the 300 block of Alder Street. Both girls were booked into juvenile detention for the offenses.

October 29: Report of a disturbance in the 600 block of D Street. The anonymous complainant said they heard what appeared to be a baby loudly crying. Arriving officers found an 18-year-old girl sitting on the porch steps. She explained the noise was her boyfriend “crying like a baby” because she was leaving him. The boyfriend was contacted and he confirmed that he had been crying. No assault had taken place.

October 28: U.S. Customs officers reported they had contacted a 17-year-old driver who was driving the wrong direction on the freeway. The driver was cited for not having a valid driver’s license, driving the wrong way, and for not having proof of insurance.

October 28: Officers investigated a 911 call from the 600 block of A Street where a person was coughing on the phone. It was found that a person had fallen. Medical aid was summoned for the victim.

October 28: Officers were advised of suspicious activity near an abandoned house in the 2400 block of Bell Road. They contacted the company which owns the home. Some property had been stolen, and the theft is being investigated.

October 27: A citizen in the 300 block of H Street reported a dog in distress: his leash was wrapped around a tree at a residence and had no access to water. The animal was aided and a report forwarded to the Humane Society for further investigation.

October 27: A person called police when they saw a man in a parked vehicle in the 900 block of Peace Portal Drive exposing himself. The suspect left the area as officers were responding and was not located.

October 26: An officer responded to an aid call for an individual who was reported to be unresponsive. An officer arrived at the scene and performed CPR until aid personnel arrived. The 78-year-old man was pronounced deceased at his home and a death investigation was completed.

October 26: An anonymous person contacted police to report witnessing a possible domestic dispute in the 4400 block of D Street. The caller reported observing a man and woman yelling at each other. Police contacted the two individuals and learned that tension was high due to a disabled vehicle and the need for the man to get to work on time. No physical assault had taken place. Police provided the man a courtesy ride, so he could get to work.

October 26: Officers received a report that the driver of the Timber Ridge bus suspected two students of passing what appeared to be illegal narcotics. Police assisted with the investigation and found the cigarettes in question contained tobacco. The tobacco was destroyed.

October 26: A resident in the 600 block of D Street reported observing a vehicle with its passenger door open as small children were passing by on their way home from school. The caller thought the person in the vehicle might be attempting to lure children into the vehicle. Officers located the vehicle and determined the driver was having mechanical problems with the front left wheel and had stopped to determine if he should drive it any further. No contact had been made with the children.

October 25: The school called police to advise them of a truant student. Officers contacted the parents of the boy and learned they had just located their son and were in the process of returning him to school.

October 25: Officers were notified of an intrusion alarm activation at a closed business in the 1300 block of H Street. The business was checked and found to be secure. The alarm was apparently activated by the strong gusts of wind moving the doors.

October 24: A person entering the U.S. Customs inspection area was found to have pills in his possession without a prescription. The pills were identified as a schedule IV narcotic analgesic. The 35-year-old man from Tacoma was arrested and booked into the Whatcom County Jail.