Police Report -- March 31, 2005

Published on Thu, Mar 31, 2005
Read More Police


March 28: A woman called police after learning her child and some friends were involved in an altercation. Officers investigated and determined no one had been injured. All of the children involved were contacted, along with their guardians and the incident was documented.

March 28: An employee of the police department performed the Heimlich maneuver on a man who was choking. The aid provided was successful, and the man’s airway was cleared. He quickly recovered from the incident and declined further medical attention.

March 28: A person complained about excessive noise coming from a house in the 400 block of 9th Street. Officers spoke to a person at the house who relayed that band practice was currently in session. The resident apologized and said the group would keep the noise down.

March 28: Police were advised of the theft of a metal shelving unit from outside a business in the 600 block of Peace Portal Drive. A description was provided of a possible suspect vehicle, and officers are conducting follow up.

March 28: A person called police to report seeing two people walking their dogs without leashes in the 700 block of Cedar Street. Officers checked the area, but the dogs were not located.

March 27: Officers were advised of a patron who was refusing to leave a business in the 9500 block of Semiahmoo Parkway. A male employee was trying to keep the person out of the business. The person was thought to be under the influence and the employees feared he would become violent. Officers and border patrol agents responded and detained the man. He was arrested for harassment and trespassing. He was then taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation.

March 27: Officers were advised a person pumped $10.48 worth of gas at a business in the 1300 block of Boblett Avenue and drove away without paying for it. A clerk provided a possible plate for the suspect vehicle, but it turned out to be incorrect. The suspect vehicle was not located.

March 27: While on patrol an officer noticed smoke and flames coming from a building behind a residence in the 2100 block of Odell Street. The officer awakened the occupants of the trailer and they escaped unharmed. Blaine police remained on scene until North Whatcom Fire and Rescue had the fire out.

March 26: While responding to a call an officer came upon a vehicle that had driven off the road and was stuck in the mud in the 700 block of H Street. The officer arranged for a tow truck to remove the vehicle.

March 25: Officers were advised of two adult males who were taking photos of buildings in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue. The reporting person felt their conduct was suspicious. Officers checked the area, but due to a time delay in the reporting of the incident officers were unable to locate the men. The incident was documented.

March 25: Officers received a report of a possible DUI driver in the 900 block of Boblett Street. The alleged suspect had parked his car and was reported to be getting into a semi truck. Officers made contact with the man and determined he had not been drinking.

March 25: The Blaine police department received information of a possible internet fraud case involving a payment of services that was never received. An officer spoke with a representative of the company involved and was told a refund had been issued to the customer. Follow up will be conducted to insure the customer actually receives the refund.

March 25: Officer was dispatched to a report of a car running into a building in the 200 block of D Street. Officers arrived and found a young adult male was turning into a parking lot when he missed his turn and ran into the building. Further investigation showed the man was in illegal possession of alcohol. The 18-year-old was cited and released with a court date.

March 25: Officer received a report of a verbal threat made against a person through a third party. The person who heard the comment did not believe the man was serious and did not believe there was any danger that the threat would be carried out. However since the comment was made about one of his coworkers, he felt it would be prudent to have the incident documented.

March 25: A business reported that someone wrote a quote with lipstick on the back of a company vehicle. There are no suspects or witnesses to the act. The lipstick was removed with a cleaning solution and no permanent damage was done to the vehicle.

March 24: A homeowner in the 300 block of E Street called police after someone came on to his property and moved several items throughout the yard. Nothing was damaged or stolen. There are no suspects and officers will try to provide extra patrol to the area.