Police Report -- April 29, 2004

Published on Thu, Apr 29, 2004
Read More Police


April 26:
Officers were asked to check a residence in the 1000 block of Mitchell Street after a report was received of a possible verbal domestic dispute. It was determined the resident had been speaking loudly into the telephone which had been overhead as the door and windows were open due to the warm weather.

April 26:
A pit bull charged and attacked a smaller dog that was being walked by a neighbor in the 500 block of G Street. Although the neighbor was uninjured the smaller dog suffered a bite on the leg. Report will be forwarded to the Whatcom Humane Society.

April 26:
An officer was asked to check on the welfare of a 16-year-old female, because the office had received a report that she was telling people she needed food and had no money. The officer contacted the young woman and learned that she had food at the time and was aware of the food bank and other sources of assistance.

April 25:
Officer was dispatched to a verbal dispute between a father and his son in the 300 block of Alder Street. On arrival the officer contacted the father who said his son was upset with the type of car he was buying for him. The father said the son walked away to cool off. Officer warned the father to keep their conversations private and a little less noisy.

April 25:
Officers were dispatched to a suicidal subject at a residence. Upon arriving, officers found the subject was an eight-year-old girl who was upset at her older sister. The girl said some things to her sister which led to the police being called. Upon arriving, officers determined the girl did not pose a threat to herself or to others. She apologized to her sister and officers cleared without incident.

April 25:
Officers saw a car in the 2200 block of Montfort Avenue and recognized the driver as a person who may be wanted. The driver hid on a side street and when he saw the officer he ran into an unlocked house. The home owner said the person did not have permission to be there, but refused to pres charges. It was obvious the driver had fled out the back door. A search, including a K-9, could not locate the suspect. The suspect had several warrants for his arrest and a suspended license. The vehicle was impounded and charges will be filed.

April 24:
A Blaine officer assisted a U.S. Customs inspector with an impaired driver investigation and found the driver was falling asleep as she drove in to the inspection area. The driver had not been drinking and was not on medication. The officer helped the driver find a motel in Blaine.

April 23:
Officers received a report of an unconscious person lying in front of a local business in the 100 block of Marine Drive. Upon arriving, officers found the person to be almost completely unresponsive. Aid was summoned and upon their arrival, the intoxicated person was able to stand on his own. After being checked by aid, the person went home.