Let your pet expand his horizons this summer! Here are some suggestions that should help:
• Before leaving, make sure their flea treatment program and inoculations are current.
• If your dog is safe to stay off the leash, bring a thermos of cool water and a waste bag and let them run on the beach. Have some small healthy treats to reward them for the new tricks they learn – like coming back after the run. If you want to stay dry, Blaine offers excellent, shady off leash parks.
• Just like you, pets like to be more active when they’re outdoors, so consider adjusting their diet a bit. Try a grain-free, low-residue formula and watch them perk up. The increase in nutrition value keeps the cost per serving about the same as other food because they don’t need to eat as much of it.
• Give your cat a change of pace, too. She can have her own condo or climb an indoor tree. The call of the wild beckons!
• If you’re crossing the border, make sure vaccinations are up to date and have the paperwork to verify they are current.
Helpful tips from John Ellis, owner of Pooch Palace