Welcome to December, the month of wonderful wintry holidays.
When it’s wild and windy with blasts of blustering cold outside, come inside the Blaine Senior/Activity Center and receive a warm and friendly welcome.
The Center is abuzz with activity – people are gathering, meeting friends, enjoying excellent food, participating in activities, exercising and learning. Join us for the many activities, including some very special events:
Friday and Saturday, December 2 and 3:
Find the perfect gift for everyone on your Christmas list at the Fifth Annual Homemade Christmas Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Features arts and crafts by more than 30 local artisans, popular Cookie Walk, raffle, hourly door prizes, and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., photos with Santa for $5 each or 3 for $10. A deli lunch is available. Proceeds benefit the Center.
Thursday, December 8:
Join us for lunch at 12 noon and enjoy the Norwegian Men’s Chorus Performance, a Blaine Senior Center favorite.
Wednesday, December 14:
Lunch program at 11:45 a.m. The Semiahmoo Kids Camp with their Holiday Chorus – our annual visit from these fun kids rehearsing for their big concert!
Thursday, December 15:
Birthday lunch and entertainment at 12 noon. Welcome back one of Blaine Senior Center’s favorite groups – the Dusty Road String Band – providing Country, Western, Bluegrass and Celtic music favorites.
Tuesday, December 20:
The high energy Marketeers will entertain us with holiday tunes at 12 noon.
Friday to Monday, December 23 to 25:
Closed for the holidays.
We are especially thankful for the many businesses and individuals who have supported us throughout the year:
• Joyce Vanderpol of Vanderpol Realty for donating two new commercial treadmills for our gym.
• Andy Hummel in memory of his wife Mae Hummel. This gift will be used for our nutrition program.
• Betty Liepart left the Center $1,000 in memory of the good times she had playing cards with her friends at the center.
• Louisa House Assisted Living donated much of the food and gave us lots of other support for our Spaghetti Feed Fundraiser.
• Jerns Funeral Chapel donated cakes and wine for the feed.
• Nautilus Longarm Quilting and Embroidery donated the raffle quilt for the feed. (Thanks so much, it was beautiful!)
• Swansens Carpet Cleaning, Silver Reef Casino & Spa and Bellair Airporter Shuttle for the Fall Bingo Grand Prizes.
Thanksgiving was a time of thankfulness and December brings Christmas. As each holiday comes, let thankfulness, faith and goodwill, peace, mercy and love dwell and remain with us throughout the New Year.