The Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee (BTAC) has completed its 2011 tourism grant funding recommendations.
The BTAC recommended funding for 10 projects ranging in amounts from $25,000 to $600.
Blaine City Council will make the final determination in early December, said Debbie Harger, Blaine’s community development director.
The highest recommendations on the list are $25,000 each for the lighthouse resurrection project and the Plover ferry, run by Drayton Harbor Maritime.
In all, BTAC recommended a total of $107,000 in funding.
Harger estimates about $180,000 in tourism funds will be available.
The funds come from a special Blaine tax on hotels and motels within the city.
In addition to the tourism grants, the hotel/motel tax also pays for Blaine’s visitor information center and marketing for the city.
2011 BTAC Tourism Grant Recommendations
• International Sculpture Exhibit $10,000
• Semiahmoo Lighthouse Resurrection $25,000
• Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism Marketing and Advertising $10,000
• Blaine Old Fashioned Fourth of July $13,000
• Blaine Jazz Festival $20,000
• Spring Fest $1,000
• Drayton Harbor Days $1,000
• The Plover ferry $25,000
• Wings Over Water Birding Festival $2,000
• Blaine Gardener’s Market $600
For more information, visit www.cityofblaine.com.