Recipe of the week
By Tara Nelson
Wild scallops are a great, source of protein and without the risk of growth hormones, steroids and antibiotics.
And, with one gram of fat per serving and a long freezer life, they are ideal for anyone looking for a quick and healthful meal.
1/2 red onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 yellow summer squash
Handful asparagus tips, cut
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil or other oil
1. Heat oil in a large pan.
2. Add red pepper and onion first as they need more time to cook. Sautee until edges of pepper start to turn dark.
3. Add squash and asparagus, cook a few minutes until slightly al dente.
4. Add a few handfuls of thawed scallops. Pat dry. (Frozen scallops will make the stir-fry watery.)
5. Add garlic last; it will cook too quickly and burn otherwise.
6. Add a good stir-fry sauce, or just some fresh grated ginger and soy sauce.
7. Serve over brown or white rice.