Needhelp with taxes?

Published on Thu, Jan 27, 2005
Read More News

Need help with taxes?

AARP Tax-Aide helps taxpayers file their personal income tax returns between February 4 through April 15. Volunteers are trained to assist in filing basic forms, including 1040, 1040A and 1040AZ. Electronic filing (e-filing) is offered at many sites.

AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free, volunteer-run tax counseling and preparation service available to all taxpayers with middle to low incomes, with special attention to those 60 and older. You do not have to be a member of AARP or a retiree to use this service.

Tax-Aide volunteers take this service to hospitals, nursing homes and to those individuals who are unable to leave their homes (contact Gerry Worth at 647-7441). AARP’s local Tax-Sites are located at the Blaine Senior Center, Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon starting February 4; and the Blaine Public Library, Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon starting February 5.

To locate other sites near you, call the toll-free number at 888-AARPNOW (888-227-7669) or visit the website at /taxaid.