Birch Bay fire

Published on Thu, Nov 22, 2001
Read More News

Birch Bay fire

Firefighters were called to Harborview Estates at 8 p.m. November 18 to a garage in flames.

Captain Jim Rutherford said the blaze started when an occupant accidentally brushed a blanket against a space heater and momentarily left the building, which had been converted to a family room.

Firefighters had the fire under control in 13 minutes and there was minimal damage to the adjacent house, though the contents were smoke-damaged. The garage was destroyed. No one was injured.

Back to Top