Broad Leaf Farm is a long-established family farm located in Everson, Washington, that sells certified organic vegetables and berries. Learn how farmer, Dusty Williams, was able to turn a long-time interest in solar energy into reality. Dusty had been interested in solar since the 1970’s when he lived in an off-grid solar-powered trailer, but had always thought it would be too expensive to do on a large scale. Once he learned of recent declines in solar panel prices and the availability of state and financial incentives, Dusty acted quickly. The 8.6 kW solar electric system was installed in July 2014 and supplies about 25% of the farm’s electricity needs, reducing utility bills as well as reducing this organic farm’s environmental footprint.
Presentations will include:
• Dusty Williams, Owner & Farmer
• Jeff Aslan, Energy Program Manager, Sustainable Connections
• Dana Brandt, Owner, EcoTech Solar
• Shannon Ellis-Brock, Chief Operating Officer, Puget Sound Cooperative Credit Union
• Mia Devine, Project Manager, Northwest SEED
Free to attend and lunch is provided. Pre-registration is required to receive a lunch. Details on registration can be found below.
REGISTER NOW: Online at http://bit.ly/FW2015BroadLeaf or call 206-632-7506