Blaine Police Department reports: March 9-14

March 9, 9:10 a.m.: The Port of Bellingham called to request a welfare check on a person sleeping in a vehicle near Gate 1 of the Blaine Marina. Officers arrived and contacted the sleeping man. He had a valid Washington driver’s license and did not have any warrants for his arrest. The man was asked to leave the property by port officials.

March 9, 11:30 p.m.: Police responded to the 1100 block of Mitchell Street to a report of a loud verbal argument between a man and a woman. The reporting party had gone inside his home to call 911 and when he returned the couple had gone. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone associated with the incident.

March 10, 3:03 p.m.: Officers responded along with aid units to the 200 block of Martin Street for a man reported to be suffering from alcohol poisoning. The man was found to have a department of corrections warrant, but due to his extenuating medical condition he was transported to the hospital instead of jail.

March 11, 12:36 a.m.: Blaine Police responded to a disturbance in the 600 block of A Street. The reporting party requested police check a neighboring residence where they were hearing loud shouting from children. Police spoke with the resident who advised he was having trouble getting his children to go to bed, and they had been yelling at him about wanting to stay up and watch cartoons. The children did not appear to be in, or have been in, any sort of distress and were comfortable and happily watching cartoons when police spoke with them. No criminal actions were observed.

March 11, 1:54 a.m.: Blaine Police responded to the 1300 block of Boblett Street to check on the welfare of a woman sleeping in her car. The woman was hard asleep but was eventually awakened from her slumber. The woman explained that she had been up all day and ran out to get snacks when she was overcome with exhaustion. The woman was alert and embarrassed about the incident. Alcohol was not a factor.

March 12, 9:30 a.m.: A man called police to report an aggressive dog in his neighborhood. The man said the dog frequently wanders the streets. Today the dog barked and charged at an elderly woman. Fearing for the woman’s safety, the man called police. Police contacted the owner of the dog who said she is trying to find a new home for the energetic escapee, who has proven to be too much for their family and for its small yard. The owner will be cited for allowing a dog at large, and the case will be forwarded to the Whatcom Humane Society.

March 12, 3:20 p.m.: Officers responded to a physical domestic dispute in progress in a parking lot. Officers arrived and spoke with the victim as well as several witnesses. Probable cause was established for the arrest of the victim’s husband. The suspect was arrested and transported to Whatcom County Jail.

March 12, 3:57 p.m.: A man called police after possibly finding bullet casings in the street near his home. The man heard loud noises the previous night and then found the bullets in the daylight and thought someone had tried to shoot at his home. An officer arrived and determined the rounds had not been fired. There were no used shell casings in the area. The residents of the home were relieved to hear this.

March 13, 8:27 a.m.: An officer on patrol observed a person slumped on a park bench. The officer stopped to check on the man and was able to identify him as a local transient. The man did not want any assistance.

March 14, 11:30 p.m.: Officers were dispatched to a local motel for a noise complaint. The caller said it sounded like to large elephants were banging around in the upstairs room. Officers arrived and found two very intoxicated brothers who decided to have a late night WWE Championship-style match inside the motel room. Even after bionic elbows, cactus clotheslines and flying forearm smashes, no injuries were obtained by either participant. Both were actually quite proud of their time in the ring. The room however had both beds pulled away from the walls and clothes strewn about, evidence that the noise complaint had been valid. No arrests were made on this contact as both brothers were very adamant the wrestling had been all in fun. However, one of the brothers had an outstanding warrant through Seattle PD. The cooperative 29-year-old wanted warrior traded the WWE for WCJ [Whatcom County Jail].

March 14, 9:02 a.m.: Officers were contacted by a local bank regarding garbage left on their property. Unknown persons from a neighboring apartment building deposited unwanted items of furniture in the bank’s garbage area. No one from the bank wanted the furniture either and requested police to help contact the responsible party. Officers are investigating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.