By Dave Wilbrecht
Community Development Services
• Resolved 91 Blaine municipal code enforcement cases, including demolition of 10 derelict structures and repair of two.
• Building permits for 63 new residences, a 210 percent increase from 2015, while maintaining reasonable permit review
• Reviewed 90 land-use and development permits, an 800 percent increase from 2015, while maintaining reasonable permit review timelines.
• Completed the two-year process to update of the city of Blaine comprehensive plan – Blaine 2036.
• Completed submittal of the city’s shoreline master program to the Washington State Department of Ecology.
• Preliminary approval of new planned unit development; Seasmoke PUD located on the corner of Semiahmoo Parkway and Semiahmoo Drive.
• Coordinated with the school district on the high school addition and redevelopment project.
• Revised the Accessory Dwelling Unit Code to add that option for property owners in a larger portion of the city.
• Hosted Chalk It Up! Blaine and Splash Days this summer and coordinated with the administrative services department on end of summer celebration.
• Hosted a neighborhood clean-up in conjunction with volunteers from the Salishan Neighborhood Association.
• Celebrated renovation of the skate park with a grand reopening Insane in the Blaine Skate Jam ceremony on September 30, 2016.
• Coordinated enhancements of the 7th Street Community Garden with help from the gardeners.
• Expanded the reclaimed water irrigation system in Marine Park.
• Completed recognition of donors to Marine Park Playground with bronze handcrafted sea life donation plaques.
• Completion of Vista Terrace ULID
• PSE to Blaine Power Conversion on N. Harvey Road
• Completion of new sidewalks, connecting Mitchell Ave to school complex
• Completed Construction of new public works/administration storage building
• First annual public works Roadeo
• New low income weatherization program with Opportunity Council established
• Purchased new mini excavator, robotic sewer camera van set up
• Completed successful chip seal program (first in many years)
• Completed new pumphouse for well 8.1 in Lincoln Park