Blaine Police reports, April 9- April 19

April 9, 12:20 a.m.: Officers contacted a loitering man at a business when the employees there called for assistance, explaining the person had refused to leave when asked. The man decided to leave on his own and accepted the officer’s assistance in getting him to a homeless shelter for the night.

April 15, 3:01 p.m.: U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the Peace Arch port of entry intercepted a driver whose Washington driving privilege was suspended. An officer confirmed the violation and arrested the man for driving with a suspended license. He was cited and released pending a mandatory court appearance. The motorist’s car was impounded because he could not arrange for another driver to take control of his vehicle.

April 15, 5:10 p.m.: Police were dispatched to a report of a person passed out near a grocery store on H Street. Officers arrived and found the man had consumed a large bottle of liquor, which he had apparently stolen from the store. Other evidence of his excessive traits included five shopping carts beside him, which were loaded with over $1,000 worth of other shoplifted food and consumables he had wheeled out of the store. The officers also recovered property stolen from another store in Blaine. The 40-year-old transient was arrested and booked in to jail. The stolen goods were returned to their owners.

April 16, 12:10 p.m.: Police were dispatched to Albert Street in Blaine when the communications center advised that a child about 4 years old had called 911 approximately 20 times. An officer checked the only home in the area and found no children lived or visited there. Meanwhile dispatch received more calls, these possibly coming from the area of Peace Portal and Hughes. No youngsters were there, either. Ultimately the calls faded away, and dispatch diagnostics indicated the problem was most likely a youngster riding through the area in a car, happily playing with his parent’s cell phone. Anyone noticing two dozen 911 emergency calls in the recent numbers list is encouraged to have a chat with their child.

April 17, 2:33 a.m.: Police responded to a late night report that a baby in a nearby apartment had been screaming and crying loudly, then suddenly and suspiciously stopped. Officers located the child’s home, contacted and interviewed the mother and checked on the safety and health of the child. The toddler has a bad cold and is under a doctor’s care, is being appropriately nurtured. Mom explained he had to cry his angst and energy out enough to calm down so he could sleep or take his bottle.

April 17, 9:18 p.m.: A man called dispatch to have police come help him make his apparently now ex-girlfriend move out of his apartment. Officers arrived and spoke with both individuals who reside in the home. The male half was advised that landlord tenant laws require he go through a formal eviction process. He and she agreed to settle down and leave each other alone for the night.

April 17, 10:35 p.m.: A resident reported she and her family were trying to sleep but a dog in a yard nearby had been barking steadily for almost an hour. An officer found the offending house and dog, which appeared nowhere close to getting hoarse. No one was home but the pooch had a collar and tag with his name, Russell, and a phone number. The owner, who was away on vacation, answered the call, but quickly arranged for her apologetic parents to come collect the pet.

April 18, 7:45 a.m.: A person walking on Semiahmoo spit saw two men on the Drayton Harbor tide flats who appeared to be yelling for help and/or were intoxicated. The two got into a car with a third person and left at high speed. An officer responding in the area saw the car run a stop sign at about 50 mph, and contacted the violator. After investigation, the motorist was arrested for driving while suspended, operating a vehicle without ignition interlock and a Bellingham Police Department warrant. He also received tickets for having no insurance and failing to stop at posted sign. He went to jail and his car was impounded.

April 18, 2:15 p.m.: A woman called police to report that a man had followed her in his vehicle from the Birch Bay area to Blaine after she passed him on the road into town. The woman stopped before arriving home in Blaine and the man told her he did not like the way she drove. The woman told the man that she was calling police and he left. Officers did not locate the stalking critic.

April 18, 4:03 p.m.: A resident called police for help when he arrived home from work and discovered items had been stolen from his apartment. Among the missing property is a loaded handgun that was locked in a small safe. A relative with active warrants and access to the apartment denies any involvement. Police investigation continues.

April 19, 12:52 p.m.: Police were dispatched to a Blaine residence with the fire department for CPR in progress. An officer arrived and assisted with CPR efforts until medics arrived. The Blaine resident was resuscitated and was transported to the hospital for additional care.

April 19, 6:02 p.m.: A person reported that a neighbor was very drunk and had just left in a car after refusing pleas that he not drive. He was last seen getting into his car with a big bottle of an alcoholic beverage in hand. An officer located the vehicle, and after observing multiple traffic violations, pulled the car over. The driver was arrested for DUI and booked into jail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

one + four =